- 20/06/12 -
Sit back and support England…
With Euro 2012 in full swing, what better way to support England’s bid to go further in the tournament than by feasting on some of the country’s finest ingredients?
Produced in just three English counties, Stilton has its own Certification Trade Mark and is an EU Protected Food Name similar to Champagne or Parma Ham. With England due to play Italy in the quarter final on Sunday, instead of reaching for the crisps as you sit back to watch the game, why not try this mixture of English and Italian ingredients instead for a tasty change?
Stilton Dip with Pears and Carr's Table Water Crackers
Make it in five minutes!
- 110g/4oz Stilton blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 25g/1oz chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- Carr's Table Water Crackers with Cracked Pepper
1. Lightly blend cheese and whipping cream
2. Stir in walnuts, Chill
3. Spread 2 teaspoons cheese mixture on Carr's Table Water Crackers with Cracked Pepper
4. Top cheese mixture with pear slices
Makes 12 crackers
Speedy Stilton Pizza
Topping with Stilton gives a contemporary feel to this easy family meal or party dish.
Perfect for entertaining friends.
Serving Size: 4
For the base
- 1 x 290 grams pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons black olives pitted and roughly chopped
- Or a ready-made 12 inch pizza base ( see pack for cooking times)
For the topping
- 6 tablespoons passata (or 6 tablespoons of tomato puree mixed with 1 tablespoon of water)
- 2 tablespoons green pesto (optional)
- 175 grams/6 oz blue Stilton cheese
- 250 grams8 oz fresh spinach washed
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- Or other toppings of your choice
50-75 grams/ 2-3 oz black olives (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C/375 degrees F/Gas mark 5. Put the dough mix and chopped olives into a bowl and stir together. Add enough hand hot water (approximately 7 fl oz) to make a firm dough. Knead for 5 minutes.
2. Roll out to a 30 cm (12 in) circle and place on baking sheet. Leave to rise in a warm place for 10 minutes.
3. Wash and remove any tough stalks from the spinach. Place in a colander and steam over a pan of simmering water for 2-3 minutes, until just wilted.
4. Cold rinse and squeeze out excess liquid.
5. Mix the passata with the green pesto and spread over the pizza dough. Arrange the spinach on top and scatter the onions over.
6. Crumble the Stilton cheese over the top and cook for 25-30 minutes, until the dough has risen and browned and the cheese melted.
7. Serve immediately with your favourite salad or try a tomato and sage mix.
Please fill in your comment below. Mandatory fields are marked *.