Combining Stilton with this traditional Mediterranean style recipe makes this dish perfect
- for a light supper or picnic.
Serving Size: 6
1 large onion thickly sliced
1 red pepper cut into strips
2 courgettes thickly sliced
1 small aubergine cubed
2 large tomatoes thickly sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
3 slices bread crusts removed and cut into cubes
150 milliliters/ 1/4 pint olive oil plus 6 tablespoons olive oil for frying
175 grams/ 6 oz Stilton blue cheese roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Handfull of fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/ 400 degrees F/ Gas mark 6. Place the onion, pepper
(seeds removed), courgettes, tomatoes and aubergine cubes into a roasting tin and drizzle
with 150 ml of olive oil. Scatter the herbs over, season and cook for 40-50 minutes or until
2. Meanwhile heat the remaining oil, in a large fry pan, and fry the bread and garlic
together until browned and crisp. Add the roasted vegetables and stir gently together.
3. Beat the eggs together with 3 tablespoons of water and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg
mixture into the pan, over the vegetables, and scatter the chopped Stilton on top. Cook over a
gentle heat until almost set.
4. Put the pan under a hot grill and cook for a further 4-5 minutes to
set and brown the top. Loosen the edges and slide out of the pan onto a board.
5. Cut into wedges and serve either hot or cold, sprinkled with fresh thyme.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies | EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.