Stilton and Tomato Puffs
A delicious blend of Italy's finest ingredients complimented by Stilton makes a deceptively
simple starter or main course.
Serving Size: 4
- 375 grams puff pastry sheet
1 egg beaten
8 tablespoons pesto sauce
250 grams plum tomatoes halved
150 grams Stilton blue cheese crumbled
4 basil leaves for garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F/Gas mark 6. Unroll the ready rolled
pastry and cut out 8 equal circles (10 cm/4 in) using a cutter.
- 2. Brush with the beaten egg and place well spaced out on a baking sheet. Bake in a
preheated oven for 10 minutes and then turn over.
- 3. Brush the edges with egg and then spread with the green pesto. Arrange some whole
and halved baby plum tomatoes on each pastry and scatter the crumbled Stilton over the top.
4. Return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes, until well risen and golden brown. Serve warm
garnished with basil leaves.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies| EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.