Tagliatelle with Stilton and Roasted Pumpkin Sauce
1 pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2.5 cm / 1 inch chunks
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
300ml / 1/2 pint double cream
250 g / 8 oz blue Stilton cheese
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6
2. Place the pumpkin and thyme on a roasting tray and sprinkle with the brown sugar and olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes turning frequently.
3. Ten minutes before the pumpkin is cooked, cook the tagliatelle in a pan of boiling water as directed on the packet.
4. Pour the cream into a saucepan. Add the grated lemon rind and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil over a low heat and simmer gently for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the Stilton and lemon juice. The Stilton will begin to melt.
5. To serve, drain the pasta, return to the pan it was cooked in and toss with the roasted pumpkin. Pour over the Stilton sauce, toss but only very gently and serve.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies | EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.