Speedy Stilton Pizza
Topping with Stilton gives a contemporary feel to this easy family meal or party dish.
- Perfect for entertaining friends.
Serving Size: 4
For the base
1 x 290 grams pizza dough
2 tablespoons black olives pitted and roughly chopped
Or a ready-made 12 inch pizza base ( see pack for cooking times)
For the topping
6 tablespoons passata (or 6 tablespoons of tomato puree mixed with 1 tablespoon of water)
2 tablespoons green pesto (optional)
175 grams/6 oz blue Stilton cheese
250 grams8 oz fresh spinach washed
1 red onion sliced
Or other toppings of your choice
50-75 grams/ 2-3 oz black olives
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C/375 degrees F/Gas mark 5. Put the dough mix and chopped olives into a bowl and stir together. Add enough hand hot water (approximately 7 fl oz) to make a firm dough. Knead for 5 minutes.
2. Roll out to a 30 cm (12 in) circle and place on baking sheet. Leave to rise in a warm place for 10 minutes.
3. Wash and remove any tough stalks from the spinach. Place in a colander and steam over a pan of simmering water for 2-3 minutes, until just wilted.
4. Cold rinse and squeeze out excess liquid.
5. Mix the passata with the green pesto and spread over the pizza dough. Arrange the spinach on top and scatter the onions over.
6. Crumble the Stilton cheese over the top and cook for 25-30 minutes, until the dough has risen and browned and the cheese melted.
7. Serve immediately with your favourite salad or try a tomato and sage mix.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies | EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.