4 tbsp vegetable oil
6 spring onion, finely chopped
100g / 4 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
750 g / 1 _ lb potatoes, such as Maris pipers
25g / 1 oz butter
150 g / 5 oz extra mature Stilton cheese
2 tbsp chives, chopped
handful of fresh chopped chives
flour, for dusting
1 small egg, beaten
50g / 2 oz breadcumbs
50g / 2oz oatmeal
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and quickly fry the spring onions and mushrooms until softened. Drain on kitchen paper.
2. Cook the potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water for 15 minutes or until cooked. Drain; return to the pan and mash with the butter to make a rough texture. Set aside to cool.
3. Add the spring onions, mushrooms, Stilton and the chives into the mashed potatoes. Shape the mixture with floured hand into 10-12 sausages shapes. Chill for 15 minutes in the fridge.
4. Mix together the breadcrumbs and oatmeal. Flour the sausages lightly, dip in the beaten egg and coat in the breadcrumbs and oatmeal mixture.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Cook the sausages for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently, until evenly golden brown all over.
6. Serve with roasted tomatoes and thick slices of bacon.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies | EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.