Stilton Paté Topped Peppered Steak
200g / 8 oz mature Stilton cheese
100g / 4 oz cream cheese
15ml / 1 tbsp port or a mature red wine
5ml / 1 tsp ground nutmeg
50g / 2 oz walnut pieces
salt and pepper
1 tbsp mixed peppercorns, crushed
4 x 175g / 6 oz rump steaks
3 tbsp sunflower oil
1. Mix together the Stilton, soft cheese, port, nutmeg and the walnuts. Season with black pepper. Spoon on a sheet of greaseproof paper and roll into a sausage shape. Place in the fridge and chill for at least 1 hour.
2. Place the crushed peppercorns of a plate. Press one side of each steak into the peppercorns to create a light crust.
3. Heat a griddle pan and drizzle in the oil. Add the steak, crust side down. Sear on both sides until golden brown. Turn the steak peppercorn crust upwards.
4. Slice the Stilton pate and place a few slices on top of the steak.
5. Cook for a further two minutes for medium, 4-5 minutes for well done. Serve immediately.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies | EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.