Mixed Stilton Salad
Serving Size: 4
Preparation Time: 0:15
For the salad:
150 grams Bistro salad leaves
225 grams/8oz Stilton blue cheese crumbled
225 grams/8 oz Serrano or Parma ham shredded
12 quail's eggs hard boiled, peeled and halved
4 plum tomatoes cored and chopped
4 spring onions finely chopped
For the dressing:
6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon runny honey
sea salt to taste
black pepper to taste
For the croutons:
1/2 loaf ciabatta bread sliced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove halved
- 1. Hard boil quail eggs. Place all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss carefully.
2. Heat a griddle pan. Brush the sliced bread with the oil and rub with the garlic. Sear the bread
for a few minutes on each side until crisp. Cut into rough chunks and add to the salad.
- 3. Place the dressing ingredients into a bowl and beat well. Pour over the salad and toss carefully.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies | EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.