Bacon and Stilton Frittata
450g /1 lb new potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
6 rashers bacon, trimmed and sliced
200g can sweetcorn, drained
2 tbsp freshly chopped mint, parsley and chives
6 medium eggs
3 tbsp fromage frais
100g / 4 oz blue Stilton cheese, crumbled
1. Scrub the potatoes and thinly slice. Dry the slices in a clean tea towel to get them as dry as possible. Prepare the potatoes at the last minute to avoid the going brown.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-based large pan. Cook the onion and bacon for 3 minutes add the potatoes and toss around in the oil to get a good coating of oil. Turn the heat to the lowest possible setting and season. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the sweetcorn and mix gently with the potatoes. Give the pan a shake every now and again. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs, fromage frais with the herbs and the Stilton and plenty of black pepper. Pour over the potatoes and return to the heat and cook on a low heat for 20- 25 minutes or until there is no liquid egg left on the surface of the frittata. Turn the frittata over either by inverting the frittata on the lid or on a flat plate. Return to the heat and cook for a final 3 - 5 minutes until the underside is golden brown. If you do not feel brave enough to turn over, place the tortilla under a preheated grill for 4 minutes or until browned.
4. Leave to rest for 5 minutes and cut into wedges. Delicious served hot or cold.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies | EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.