Herby Stilton Fondue
Serves 6- 8
2 garlic cloves
50 g / 2 oz butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
150ml / _ pint dry white wine
250g / 8 oz blue Stilton cheese, crumbled
300ml / _ pint Greek yogurt or soured cream
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
3 tbsp chives, finely chopped
2 tbsp brandy
3 tsp cornflour
1. Rub the inside of the fondue or large saucepan with the cut side of a garlic clove. Crush the remaining cloves.
2. Melt the butter and gently sweat the garlic and shallots for 5-7 minutes until soft but not coloured. Stir in the wine and heat gently.
3. Add the Stilton and stir until melted. Add the Greek yogurt or soured cream, parsley and chives. Season and bring to a simmer.
4. In a small bowl mix together the corn flour and brandy into a paste. Add to the Stilton mixture and stir until slightly thickened.
5. Serve with either a selection of raw vegetables or how about cooked tiger prawns, kabanos sausages or cubes of crusty bread.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies | EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.