Fish with Stilton and Mediterranean Vegetable Topping
4 x 150g / 5 oz thick cod or haddock fillets
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
knob of butter
150 g / 5 oz blue Stilton cheese, crumbled
handful of basil leaves, torn
sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan, add the onion and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, add the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft and starting to caramelise.
3. Meanwhile, lightly butter four foil squares measuring about 20cm / 8 inch. Place the fish in the middle of each square and top with the onion and pepper mix. Pile the Stilton on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with half the basil.
4. Fold the foil into a parcel and bake for 15 20 minutes. Serve with an extra sprinkle of basil, sea salt and pepper.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies | EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.