Charred Romano Peppers with Stilton
Serving Size: 4
Preparation Time: 0:15
- 2 Romano or red peppers halved
115 grams/4 oz blue Stilton cheese crumbled
115 grams/4 oz chestnut mushrooms quartered
6 sun-dried tomatoes drained and sliced
4 anchovies drained and chopped
12 black olives
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley chopped
sea salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
For the salad
115 grams/4 oz rocket leaves
1 orange, whole juice and rind
1 lemon juice and rind
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
25 grams/1 oz walnuts pieces
1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F/Gas mark 6.
- 2. Remove the seeds from the peppers, leaving the stalks in tact. Wrap a little foil around the stalks to protect them when in the oven.
- 3. Place the peppers, cut side uppermost, on a baking sheet. Drizzle with
a little oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until the
peppers have started to char.
- 4. Meanwhile, heat a little more oil in a frying pan. Saute the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and add the cheese, tomatoes, anchovies, olives and parsley. Season with black pepper.
- 5. When the peppers have charred, remove them from the oven. Spoon the Stilton mixture into the peppers and drizzle with the vinegar and a little more oil.
- 6. Grill for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- 7. For the salad: place the rocket in a bowl. Mix together the juice and rind of the orange and lemon, the oil, nuts and honey. Season well. Drizzle over the rocket leaves, toss and arrange on four plates.
Place a half pepper on top and serve.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies | EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.