Stilton, Bacon and Mushroom Starter
A great recipe for busy people who are short of time. The strong flavours in the Stilton and bacon give this easy recipe an elaborate feel.
Serving Size: 6
- 1 tablespoon oil
1 chopped onion
500 grams/1 lb baby button mushrooms halved
12 rashers streaky bacon chopped
125 grams/4oz blue Stilton cheese roughly chopped
200 grams pack cream cheese
150 milliliters/1/4 pint double cream
15 grams pack fresh chives snipped
75 grams/3 oz fresh breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons paprika
- 1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C/375 degrees F/Gas mark 5. Heat the oil and fry the
onions, mushrooms and bacon together until browned.
- 2. Share between four ramekin dishes.
- 3. Beat the Stilton together with the cream cheese and cream and stir in most of
the chives, reserving a few for a garnish. Season and spoon over the top of the mushroom
- 4. Toss the breadcrumbs in the paprika and sprinkle over the top of the Stilton
mixture. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until browned and bubbling.
- 5. Serve hot with small slices of toasted French bread.
- STILTON Home | STILTON Recipes | Where to Buy STILTON in the U.S. | History | Cut to Wrap and Go |
- Cut to Wrap and Display | Distributors - US | Distributors - Canada | Dairies | EMail
- Copyright 2009 Stilton Cheesemakers' Association. All Rights Reserved.